Fixed Term Contract (FTC) until end of December 2012.
Pearson VUE EMEA Customer Services provides support for customers, with contact taking place mainly via in-bound calls, but also via other means. This position is based in the Customer Service Centre in Manchester, and is responsible for taking calls and processing customer requests, queries and bookings. Customer Service Representatives are ‘the voice of Pearson VUE’ to many of our customers, therefore the provision of excellent customer service at all times is key.
- To provide support for customers, by acting as a first line contact for in-bound requests received via phone, email, regular mail, fax and other means.
- To deliver the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- To promote client programs.
- Individuals must have the ability to trouble shoot customer issues, owning them until a full resolution has been obtained.
- Each team member will be expected to undertake a variety of tasks associated with the high service delivery of our customers. Equally they will be expected to maintain all documentation and train others on key aspects of the role.
- Respond to all first level technical support of software and administrative issues, as defined in procedures.
- Process all data in line with business standards and Data Protection.
- Maintain a clean and organised working environment following the clear desk policy and the guidelines in place for the Customer Service Centre.
- The job holder will contribute to the review, amendment and implementation of improved procedures, processes and standards that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- To work as part of a team, under the direction of a Team Leader, to ensure we meet internal and external regulatory or statutory requirements and deliver high levels of customer service.
- Deal with the responses of all customer complaints in line with the Quality Manual.
- To cover other roles within the Customer Service Centre as and when needed.
- All employees have a responsibility to co-operate in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and that of all other staff who may be affect by your acts or omissions. Line managers have specific responsibility for the health and safety of their direct reports and other team members for which they have general management responsibility.
- You are also responsible for supporting and implementing the company’s policies and procedures around the Health and Safety, Security, Quality and Business Continuity arrangements that apply in your role/work function. Full details of these policies and procedures can be found on Sharepoint.
- As required, dependant on team, process candidate test booking requests, information requests, queries, requests for materials, etc.
- Input accurate customer information on to the database.
- Contact other departments or utilise information as necessary to obtain and provide information as requested by candidates.
- Make outbound calls to resolve and / or follow up with customers.
- Assist in the training of new customer service agents when needed.
- Follow all reasonable requests made by Management.
- Customer service experience.
- Customer focused, and customer friendly skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both over the telephone, written and face to face.
- The ability to learn and articulate detailed information.
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work within a team to meet team goals and objectives.
- Experience of working in a Contact or Call Centre environment.
- Experience of, and ability to work with, Windows based software.