The success of this project is dependent on the willingness of staff to participate and to promote and stimulate interest. Pearson VUE expects staff at all levels to take responsibility for their actions individually and collectively.
This plan and its goals will be communicated throughout the company. There is a good feeling amongst staff regarding environmental issues. The progress made so far and the success we have had in certain areas will continue to motivate staff. It is the aim of the plan that sustainability becomes embedded in the Pearson VUE culture.
- Information, news and topical subjects are displayed on staff notice boards.
- Articles are published in the monthly e-magazine “Testing Times” which is distributed to all staff.
- Internal intranet sites are being established in 2011 Planet Pearson and NEO.
- Pearson plc has a monthly e-magazine which will be used to distribute information to the wider organisation.
- Signage is in place advising staff to make use of the various ways waste can be disposed of in the most environmentally friendly way.
- We are participating in volunteering opportunities within the local community.
- Environmental awareness days are held annually.