|The Pearson Professional Centre (PPC) network is part of an international network of IT based examination testing centres which undertake PC based tests of high quality in a high security environment. Key clients include DSA, DVTA, and IFS.
This position is responsible for the efficient delivery of tests to candidates within a test centre by following procedures and guidelines provided by the company, whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer care and enhancing the brand image. A flexible approach to working is essential for this position as opening hours will vary according to the volume of tests booked.
- Provide a high level of customer service in the test centres at all times.
- Ensure candidate’s needs are met with understanding and respect.
- Maintain professional relationships with client representatives.
- Understand testing needs and procedures for each client.
- Ensure the integrity and security of the tests are maintained and that they are supervised to the required standard.
- Comply with all incident reporting and escalation procedures.
- Maintain own competencies in all of the systems and procedures and request training as necessary.
- Comply with business needs on a day to day basis.
- Assist and support with business initiatives to maximise centre profitability.
- Perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Perform daily test centre opening and closing procedures.
All employees have a responsibility to co-operate in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and that of all other staff who may be affect by your acts or omissions. Line managers have specific responsibility for the health and safety of their direct reports and other team members for which they have general management responsibility.
You are also responsible for supporting and implementing the company’s policies and procedures around the Health and Safety, Security, Quality and Business Continuity arrangements that apply in your role/work function. Full details of these policies and procedures can be found on Sharepoint. Further advice/clarification can be obtained from your Line Manager.
- Ensure equipment is operational and test stations are free of extraneous materials.
- Review transmission and error logs in locally operating software, to ensure proper functioning (including schedule download and results upload processes).
- Periodic download and review of examinations and test centre schedules.
- Review test schedule and prepare for candidate(s), including those candidates with special needs.
- Sign candidates in (including verification of candidate identity) according to Pearson VUE and client sign-in procedures.
- As required, explain the test process to candidates and deal with other queries
- If applicable, print and provide post-test score reports to candidates.
- If applicable, schedule appointments for possible call-in and/or walk-in candidates.
- Communicate/work with Pearson VUE technical support staff to investigate and fix technical issues.
- Ensure all hours are recorded and authorised within company guidelines.
- Help to ensure a clean, professional, quiet testing atmosphere in the centre.
- Ensure all concerns are communicated to the Test Centre Manager in a timely manner.
- In the absence of the Test Centre Manager you may be required to Act Up in line with the company’s Acting Up Policy.
- Experience in a customer focused environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in person.
- Competent in the use of windows based IT applications; including Web mail, Excel, Word and Internet explorer.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative within organisational guidelines to meet objectives.
- Ability to deal with conflict and work under pressure.
- Experience in a Testing Environment.
You will primarily be required to work Weekdays until 8pm and Saturdays 7.30am - 12:30pm
You will be based in one of the Pearson Professional Centres. Some local travel to other Pearson Professional Centre offices may be required. There are no unusual physical requirements for this role.