Pearson operates 150+ professional testing centres (Pearson Professional Centres, or PPCs), primarily in the UK, but also in other countries in the EMEA region, and operates mobile testing vehicles in the UK. Test Centre Administrators perform the day-to-day activities at the test centres (or vehicles) and carry out the administration and invigilation of exams, this includes understanding, implementing and taking ownership of all aspects of the operational policies and procedures of all examination processes, and demonstrating a high level of customer service to candidates.
Test Centre Managers are responsible for carrying out regular test centre administrator activities, whilst at the same time performing a number of additional co-ordination activities and being the main point of contact for regional test centre management. A flexible approach to working is essential as the Test Centre Manager will be required to be in attendance for the majority of the opening hours.
- Act as Line manager for all test centre staff regarding employee relations, training & development, absence management and performance management.
- Liaise with and assist Regional Manager over recruitment issues and conduct staff interviews as required.
- Carry out Development reviews with staff as required.
- Maintain and update local site administration and documentation.
- Create draft site staffing schedules, and collect test centre time keeping records, for communication to the Regional Manager.
- Create and send other reports and information as requested by the Regional Manager.
- Serves as the local contact point for operations, building management, site security, deliveries, vendors, etc., and escalates to the Regional Manager as appropriate.
- Verify correct staffing levels are maintained according to plan, and notify the Regional Manager of any and all staffing issues.
- Oversee overall day-to-day operation of the PPC, and co-ordinate activities and instructions from Regional Managers and other Test Centre Management.
- Monitor supplies inventory, and order inventory when applicable within budget guidelines.
All employees have a responsibility to co-operate in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and that of all other staff who may be affect by your acts or omissions. Line managers have specific responsibility for the health and safety of their direct reports and other team members for which they have general management responsibility.
You are also responsible for supporting and implementing the company’s policies and procedures around the Health and Safety, Security, Quality and Business Continuity arrangements that apply in your role/work function. Full details of these policies and procedures can be found on Sharepoint.
Perform regular test centre administrator activities:
- Provide a high level of customer service in the test centres at all times.
- Ensure candidate’s needs are met with understanding and respect.
- Maintain professional relationships with client representatives.
- Ensure equipment is operational and test stations are free of extraneous materials.
- Review transmission and error logs in locally operating software, to ensure proper functioning (including schedule download and results upload processes).
- Periodic download and review of examinations and test centre schedules.
- Review test schedule and prepare for candidate(s), including candidates with special needs.
- Sign candidates in (including verification of candidate identity) according to Pearson VUE and client sign-in procedures.
- As required, explain the test process to candidates and deal with other queries.
- Understand testing needs and procedures for each client.
- Ensure the integrity and security of the tests are maintained and that they are supervised to the required standard.
- Comply with all incident reporting and escalation procedures.
- If applicable, print and provide post-test score reports to candidates.
- If applicable, schedule appointments for possible call-in and/or walk-in candidates.
- Communicate/work with Pearson VUE technical support staff to investigate and fix technical issues.
- Maintain own competencies in all of the systems and procedures and request training as necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as noted in the formal documentation; especially IT, HR and Security.
- Ensure all hours are recorded and authorised within company guidelines.
- Comply with business needs on a day to day basis.
- Assist and support with business initiatives to maximise centre profitability.
- Perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Perform daily test centre opening and closing procedures.
- Help to ensure a clean, professional, quiet testing atmosphere in the centre.